Attendees who volunteer will receive a discounted rate for attending WPEA 2018.
volunteer responsibilities include:
Most breakout sessions require a volunteer. Volunteer duties consist of the following:
- Attend the volunteer training at the beginning of the conference where you will be given your volunteer ribbon to your name badge holder. This will show participants, presenters, and WPEA staff that you are part of the volunteer team.
- Arrive at the session meeting room at least 15 minutes prior to the session's start. Introduce yourself to the presenter and briefly explain your role.
- Check participant name badges. Only participants with WPEA name badges may be allowed into the room. If someone does not have a name badge, send them to the WPEA registration desk.
- Ensure that sessions comply with the local fire regulations for meeting room capacity. Participants are not permitted to stand or to sit on the floor. Overcrowding can cause the entire room to be evacuated and the session to be canceled. Only members of the media, photographer or videographer will be allowed into a full meeting room. If the room becomes full, you will need to instruct participants to attend another session that is open. Close the door if the session is full.
- Should the presenter need any materials (paper, markers, etc.), or if any other problems arise (room temperature, A/V equipment, etc.), please ask an WPEA staff member to assist you.
Ready to sign-up?
When completing your online registration for the conference, please indicate that you would like to volunteer. You will receive an e-mail notification closer to the event with more information. You must be a registered attendee to volunteer.