Call for Presentations
SUBMISSION INFORMATION COMING SOON!
Join us at WPEA 2018: The Second Festival of Positive Education + Appreciative Inquiry Summit. This is your chance to share your expertise and research face-to-face with educators, policy-makers, practitioners and agents of change of all levels from all over the world—and to help us recognize important milestones in our shared commitment to excellence in positive education.
At the core of the WPEA 2018, is the belief that every student should have the knowledge and life skills to flourish and contribute to the flourishing of others. We want to create a society where everyone is able to fulfill their potential and achieve both success and well-being. Every institution in society has a moral obligation to promote human flourishing, and none more so than those responsible for educating young people—families, schools and universities.
Thank you for your interest in presenting your great work with us. We look forward reviewing your proposal and seeing you in Fort Worth!
SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
The deadline for submission is Tuesday, January 23, 2018.
Acceptance notifications will be emailed on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
Panel discussion (1 hour, 3-5 participants)
You may submit as a single panelist and we will partner you with other related participants, or you can compose your own panel with 3-5 participants. These discussions will be centered on a common theme, each panelist will have a few minutes to present their topic and then the chair of the panel will pose questions to the panel members for discussion based on the central theme
Posters (1-2 participants)
Poster sessions typically have 1-2 presenters. Poster projects can highlight interesting research, application, or policy that you or your organization/school has undertaken.
Provocations (30 minutes, 1-2 participants)
You may submit alone or with 1 other participant. For these sessions we may partner you with someone who we feel has done work on a related topic. These will be short sessions where you bring an idea to the audience that will provoke thought, spark debate, or inspire creativity. Each participant will have 5-10 minutes to pose a question or idea to the audience and then allow for open discussion
Workshops (1 hour, 1-3 participants)
For workshops we prefer 2-3 presenters in the room. We are looking for hands on, interactive, skill-based sessions where participants can walk away with concrete skills or inspired new thoughts. Creativity and innovation is encouraged!
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION INSTRUCTION
- You may submit a total of two (2) different proposals for WPEA 2018. Each proposal must be different in title and focus.
- Session title should be up to 100 characters (including spaces and punctuation).
- Session abstract/description can be up to 150 words (excluding spaces and punctuation).
- You may identify up to four (4) co-presenters, in addition to the primary presenter, for each proposal depending on which type of proposal you submit. You must include the following information for the primary presenter and each co-presenter at the time you submit your proposal:
- First and last name
- E-mail address
- Affiliation as it should appear in the conference program—name of school, organization, or business and its location (city, state, and country), which may be different from the individual’s home information
- You must be available to present at any time, June 25–28, 2018. Sessions will be scheduled during these times:
- Monday, June 25 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 26, 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 27, 8:00 a.m.–12:00 noon
- Thursday, June 28, 8:00 a.m.–12:00 noon
Presenters at the WPEA 2018 are expected to use material and language that do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, physical ability, or sexual orientation. Presenters must either own the content they are planning to present or have permission from its owner to deliver it at the WPEA 2018.
IPEN will send out accepted notifications on Wednesday, February 28, 2018. If you submit two proposals, one or both may be accepted.
If you have any questions, please contact the IPEN team.